How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Find out how to not only upgrade your Glendale ride to a new model, but also conveniently get rid of your current model when you find out how selling your car to a dealership works with Bell Road Mitsubishi. Thankfully, the financial experts at Bell Road Mitsubishi have created a helpful guide to make the process easier than ever, and get you in and out in no time at all. We’ll break down everything you need to know about how to sell a car at a dealership, and then show you how to put that money toward an upgrade without worry. Have any questions? Then don’t hesitate to contact us today.
What to Do Before You Sell Your Car to a Dealer
There are a range of factors that can impact how much you will get for your vehicle when you sell it to a dealership near Peoria. Take a look at some of the things you can do to make your current vehicle its best and get the most money you can below:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed and detailed in addition to replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a great way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle, then most Mesa dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car, you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
So how does selling a car to a dealership work at Bell Road Mitsubishi? We’ve broken down the seamless process below to make things easier than ever:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment, so the dealer knows to expect you and can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Perks When You Sell a Car to Our Dealer
Along with the convenience and simplicity of trading in or selling your car to Bell Road Mitsubishi here are a few more reasons why you’ll want to swap in your current ride for an upgrade from our dealership below:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Peoria home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value toward your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Bell Road Mitsubishi, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car to Bell Road Mitsubishi Today
Now that you know how to sell your car to a dealership, the next step is finding the model that is going to be upgrading your Mesa rides for years to come. Aside from the help of our finance department, you will also find that we have more financial tips for additional ways to save.
More from Bell Road Mitsubishi
Are you in the market for a new compact SUV that can get you where you need to go in Glendale and beyond? Check out the 2023 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross! It has six total Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross trim levels for you to decide from, so you can pick the one that best fits your Peoria…
How well does the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross perform for Glendale drivers? What are the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross mpg ratings? Learn more about the 2023 Eclipse Cross gas mileage across the 8 trim levels with this guide from Bell Road Mitsubishi. View InventoryMitsubishi Research If you would like to learn more about how many miles per gallon…
You don’t have to sacrifice when it comes to a compact SUV that still has a spacious interior. Instead, you should be looking into the 2023 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross interior and dimensions today. Not only does it come at a reasonable price range, but the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SUV is also critically acclaimed with…