What to Do After Buying a Used Car
Now that you’ve decided to switch to a used car to save money, such as a used Mitsubishi Outlander, the next thing you need to do is find out the steps after buying a used car to make sure that it’s staying in top condition. You can save a great deal on a pre-owned car, truck, or SUV, and get all of the features that you’re looking for to enhance your Glendale commutes. But before you celebrate your updated ride, follow these helpful tips by our service center to make sure that you’re getting the maintenance that you need at the best time. Have any questions? Then contact us.
Steps After Buying a Used Car
Before you secure the keys and head home to Peoria, there are some important steps after buying a used car that you need to be prepared for:
- Verify Insurance: Most importantly, your car needs to be fully insured before you can legally drive it home. In fact, the dealership needs to verify your insurance before they allow you to leave the lot. You can always purchase your vehicle and come back to pick it up once you’re insured, but you’ll save a lot of time by getting insured before you head to the dealership.
- Transfer the Title: A dealership like Bell Road Mitsubishi will always transfer the title on your behalf, but if you are purchasing a used car through a private sale, this is an important step that will be your responsibility. If you don’t transfer ownership with your name on the title, you won’t be able to register the vehicle at your local DMV.
- Register the Car: This is another step that a dealership like ours will handle for you, but if you’re buying your used car privately, you’ll need to register it at your local DMV.
- Find a Service Center You Trust: At Bell Road Mitsubishi, we have an on-site service center where you can get trusted maintenance from Mitsubishi Certified Service experts. We use state-of-the-art tools and equipment and OEM parts for all services and repairs, and there’s always a way to save with our ongoing service offers!
- Schedule Service: A used vehicle from our dealership will have already been inspected and reconditioned, but it’s smart to schedule your next service appointment early and establish a maintenance schedule for your new-to-you vehicle. Routine oil changes, tire rotations, and other essential maintenance will help you get many more years of enjoyment from your ride!
- Review the Owner’s Manual: Learn all about what your car can do and how its features work! The owner’s manual can tell you everything from how to engage 4WD in equipped models, how to use cruise control, how to program your key fob, what type of oil your car takes, and so much more.
- Check for Recalls: Again, any necessary recall services will be addressed already if you get your used car from a reputable dealer like Bell Road Mitsubishi. Still, you should be aware of recalls from the past and present that might affect your vehicle.
Find Your New Ride Today at Bell Road Mitsubishi
Whether you’re taking home a used car, truck, or SUV, or you want to stick with something that is newer, you can trust the team at Bell Road Mitsubishi to make the process simple. You can find out more helpful car buying tips as well.
More from Bell Road Mitsubishi
Are you in the market for a new compact SUV that can get you where you need to go in Glendale and beyond? Check out the 2023 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross! It has six total Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross trim levels for you to decide from, so you can pick the one that best fits your Peoria…
How well does the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross perform for Glendale drivers? What are the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross mpg ratings? Learn more about the 2023 Eclipse Cross gas mileage across the 8 trim levels with this guide from Bell Road Mitsubishi. View InventoryMitsubishi Research If you would like to learn more about how many miles per gallon…
You don’t have to sacrifice when it comes to a compact SUV that still has a spacious interior. Instead, you should be looking into the 2023 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross interior and dimensions today. Not only does it come at a reasonable price range, but the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SUV is also critically acclaimed with…